Madisonville Gumbo CookOff
|Greater Madisonville Chamber Gumbo Cook-Off|
|Time:||Set-up may not begin until 8am. Open 11:00am to 3:00pm|
|CALLING ALL COOKS & GUMBO LOVERS!
Do you cook the best Gumbo? Is it better than your Mama's? Did you win last year and need to defend your title? Wanna just eat what they cook? Let the battle be decided at the Greater Madisonville Chamber Gumbo Cook-Off on the banks of the beautiful Tchefuncte River! The day promises to be fun for the cooks and their supporters!
RULES AND REGULATIONS
$20.00 entry fee per team (Teams must not exceed 6 people)
Responsibilities of each team:
• Teams must provide a minimum of 3 gallons of Gumbo.
• Be ready to serve by 11am.
• Set-up may not begin until 8am.
• Teams must provide cooked white rice for serving.
• All food must begin raw and cooked on-site except for the roux and rice. Roux and rice may be cooked prior to event day.
• Teams must provide tent and all cooking utensils (pots, pans and propane).
• Decorating team tent is strongly encouraged.
Madisonville Chamber will provide:
EAT ALL THE GUMBO YOU CAN TIL IT RUNS OUT & VOTE FOR THE PEOPLES CHOICE AWARD!
|Address:||Tchefuncte Riverfront, Madisonville, LA|
|Admission Cost:||$5 or 2 Can Goods Per Person. Benefiting St. James Baptist Church of Madisonville|