Good quality eggs contribute to the taste of any dish including eggs.
- Purchase clean fresh eggs from refrigerated displays, brown or white have same nutritional content. Free range chicken eggs seem to have better yolk flavor.
- Refrigerate promptly when you return from grocery. Best to use within a week although they will keep up to 5 weeks.
- Discard any eggs with cracked or broken shells as they may be contaminated with bacteria.
- Serve hot egg dishes immediately for best taste and texture.
- Chill leftovers or make ahead dishes containing eggs promptly.