This hack will extend the life of your strawberries for days, or maybe even a week after you take them home and put them in your fridge.
- Pour 1 part white vinegar and 5 parts water into a large bowl. About 1/2 cup of vinegar and 2 1/2 cups of water.
- Soak your berries in the mixtures for a few minutes. The vinegar will get rid of mold spores and bacteria. That’s the stuff that makes your strawberries spoil quicker.
- Dry your strawberries thoroughly. You can place some paper towels into a salad spinner or let them air dry in a colander.
- Making sure you remove all of the moisture will prevent them from getting moldy.
- Place your strawberries into the refrigerator on top of a paper towel.
Don’t worry your strawberries will not taste like vinegar after using this method.
Additional tips; Some people say to leave the leaves and stems on until you're ready to eat the strawberries. Also, be sure to remove any that already have mold on them so it doesn't spread.