20 Oct 2022
7 Ways to Cool Stock FasterSubmitted by sford
- Set the pot of stock in an ice bath.
- Place the pot on a trivet in the sink; fill the sink around the pot with cold water.
- Transfer the stock to smaller, shallow containers.
- Submerge a zip-lock bag full of ice cubes in the stock.
- Freeze water in a very clean bottle or storage tub, then dunk it in the stock.
- Pour the stock into a cold metal bowl or container. Or pour the stock back and forth from one metal container to another.
- If you live in a very cold climate, set the covered pot of stock outside and stir occasionally; make sure it’s in a spot where curious (or hungry!) animals can’t get to it.
Add new comment