27 Aug 2014
Alternative Toppings for PastaSubmitted by admin
Looking for something besides red gravy for your pasta? Try these:
- Dried tomatoes and/or dried porcini mushrooms, roughly ground in a coffee grinder.
- Roughly chopped olives.
- Fried garlic or shallots slivers, slow-cooked in a couple of tablespoons of olive oil, until lightly browned.
- Fried capers flash cooked in a couple of tablespoons of olive oil for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Chopped or grated hardboiled egg or a poached egg.
- Toasted nuts or seeds, ground if you like and flavored with woody herbs. e.g. pecans with rosemary or thyme.
- Flash cooked, in olive oil, fresh chile slices e.g. jalapeno, Thai or serrano.
- Bread crumbs, about 2 cups lightly fried in 1/4 cup olive oil seasoned with salt, Parmesan, and Italian seasonings.
Add new comment