Emeril Lagasse's Grilling TipsSubmitted by susan
Emeril Lagasse’s Grilling Tips
1. It’s much easier to clean the grill when it’s still hot; remember to scrape the grill grates shortly after you’ve finished cooking.
2. Don’t squeeze down on burgers while cooking...by doing so you’re only losing some of the meat’s natural goodness and juices!
3. Marinades and spice rubs impart excellent flavors to simple cuts of meat, chicken, or fish. Try using your favorite vinaigrette as a quick marinade for chicken breasts…or mix up a batch of your favorite spices and dried herbs, season with salt and sugar for balance, and rub this into your steaks and chops next time you grill.
4. Any sauce that has a lot of sugar (as many barbecue sauces do) will char if applied too early while grilling; it’s best to apply sweet sauces during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
5. An instant read thermometer takes the guess work out of grilling. Keep one nearby and you’ll always know when your meat is ready to come off the grill.
Add new comment