Edible Book Day at NOMA: CALL FOR ENTRIES!
I, along with Judy Walker of the Times-Picayune and Brett Gauthier, Brennan's executive pastry chef, will be judging the inaugural Edible Book Day on April 5 at the New Orleans Museum of Art. The competition is open to amateur cooks and professional chefs, with awards handed out in each category. Other competitions around the country have yielded some pretty spectacular entries, and I'm sure this one will as well. (Pictured here: a Harry Potter cake from an edible book festival at North Virginia Community College (Photo by NVCC Libraries))
The event is included in the regular museum admission fee; stop by and say hello while you're there.
If you think you've got what it takes to compete, here's what you need to know:
Please read the following guidelines, and complete the registration form below.
1. Cakes must be baked and decorated at home
2. Contestants are responsible for transporting their Cake to and from NOMA.
3. Contestants are responsible for setting up and taking down their Cake.
4. Please make sure that you label your cake with your name and the cake’s title.
5. Judges decisions are final.
6. Professional chefs, bakers, etc. are only eligible to enter the “professional” categories
7. Please be ready to slice a piece of cake upon request from the judges.
8. Brennan’s Executive Pastry Chef, Brett Gauthier will create a cake that we can all sample. You will be able to take your creations home with you.
Please complete and return to Sheila A. Cork, Librarian, New Orleans Museum of Art, City Park, 1 Collins Diboll Circle, New Orleans, LA 70124 or P.O. Box 19124, New Orleans LA 70179 by Monday, April 1st, 2013. You may email the form to email@example.com.
(Please print clearly if hand writing)
Name of Organization or Individual:
Name of Contact Person:
Email address (please print clearly):
Title of Cake:
Size of cake: Lx W x H
Author and Title of book (if inspired by a particular book):
Category entered (please circle):
Best Visual Presentation
Most like a book
Professional Best Visual Presentation
Professional Most Creative
Professional Most like a book