September 7, 2017
Call to Action! I rarely ask you to contribute to specific causes, but I am now! I have been asked by Café Reconcile to compete in the inaugural Top Chef Reconcile next month, and I want you to support my team:
1. Buy tickets to the event, if you can be in New Orleans on October 8. Patron tickets are $100, general admission $50. Make sure you select Barranco & Ford team; our chef partner is Aaron Burgau, a King of Louisiana Seafood and co-owner of Patois and Central City BBQ.
2. Donate money. No amount too small! Don't forget to select the Barranco & Ford team.
3. Be a sponsor. There are several levels, starting at $500, which includes tickets and recognition at the event, and on up. Email me if you'd like details on sponsoring and I'll send you a list of the opportunities.
Café Reconcile changes lives by offering life skills and job skills training for at-risk youth, many of whom have no place else to turn. I have supported the organization for years, and have personally seen doors and opportunities open up for countless young people. Email or call if you have questions about the organization; let's go for lunch if you find yourself in town.
Congratulations to Dr. Carmen Johnson of Arpeggios Lounge and Event Center; her Sweet Potato and Pecan Tarts won both the People's Choice and Best of Show awards at the Soirée Royale in Opelousas earlier this week. I was one of the judges — it's truly a magnificent dessert, and I have high hopes that she will share the recipe with me for the upcoming 2018 Holiday Food Guide, which will appear in the November/December edition of Louisiana Kitchen & Culture. If you're not a subscriber, now would be a good time to sign up! You don't want to miss that issue.
Enjoy this week's recipes, share them with family and friends, and, as always, let me know what's on your mind. Have a safe weekend.
Susan Ford, Publisher
Miss last edition's recipes?
Looking for a specific recipe? We have over 1,500 on our site. Click here to browse.
P.S.S. Watch for renewal notices in your email box; For some of you, the current July/August issue is your final issue. Emails will be going out over the next few days.
Shipping Now. Order today and get your copy next week; click here to preview.
Click Here to find Louisiana Kitchen & Culture on a newsstand near you.
Click here to order The Collector Set Bundle or call 504-208-9959. It includes every issue we've published, with over 1,600 recipes plus stories and articles that celebrate Louisiana's unique culture, heritage and cuisine.
Tip of the Week:
Click here to order, The Collector Set Bundle or call 504-208-9959
To our many newsletter readers:
Enjoy this newsletter? You can help us grow.
• Tell your friends about the magazine and web site.
• Subscribe to Louisiana Kitchen & Culture magazine.
• Email us your ideas & suggestions.
Thank you and enjoy!
This newsletter is read by thousands of people every Thursday. For advertising information, email Susan
Sep 15, 2017 to Sep 16, 2017
Sep 15, 2017 to Sep 17, 2017
Sep 16, 2017
Sep 20, 2017 to Sep 24, 2017
Sep 21, 2017 to Sep 23, 2017
Sep 22, 2017 to Sep 23, 2017
Sep 23, 2017 to Sep 24, 2017
Sep 24, 2017
Sep 25, 2017 to Sep 30, 2017
Sep 27, 2017 to Sep 30, 2017
Sep 28, 2017 to Sep 30, 2017
Sep 28, 2017 to Oct 2, 2017
Sep 29, 2017 to Sep 30, 2017
Sep 29, 2017 to Oct 1, 2017
Sep 30, 2017
2017 Copyright Our Kitchen & Culture, LLC. All Rights Reserved